It’s a new year (phew!) and that usually means an attempt at eating a bit healthier after lots of holiday indulging. This year, try adding a few new, veggie-rich dishes to your menu, like this roasted cauliflower dish from The Local Moms Network contributor Kate Bowler of Domestikated Life. Infused with bourbon and maple syrup, it has all the flavors of the season, making it a perfect side – or main dish – to serve all winter long.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 2 Large Heads Of Cauliflower
- Olive Oil
- Salt And Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Of Butter
- 2 Tsp. Of Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. Of Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Of Walnuts, Chopped
- Fresh Parsley, Minced For Garish
- Preheat Oven To 425 Degrees. Remove Stems And Greens From Cauliflower Heads And Chop Into Bite-Sized Florets And Arrange On A Rimmed Baking Sheet.
- Drizzle The Cauliflower With Olive Oil And Season With Salt And Pepper, And Roast For 45 Minutes – Tossing The Pieces For Even Cooking Halfway Through.
- When The Cauliflower Is Almost Done Cooking Begin The Sauce: In A Small Saucepan Medium-Low Heat, Melt The Butter. Cook Until You Start To See The Butter Turn To A Light Nutty Brown Color And Begin To Foam.
- Add The Bourbon, Maple Syrup, And Chopped Walnut To The Pan, Stir Together And Cook For About 3 Minutes Until The Mixture Slightly Reduces.
- Transfer The Roasted Cauliflower To A Serving Bowl And Toss With The Brown Butter Sauce; Garnish With Fresh Minced Parsley Before Serving.
Originally posted on thelocalmomsnetwork.com